It’s not often I get to write something on my wife’s blog. I have to share my famous peanut butter cookies with you. I only make them once a year and that is during the holidays. WARNING: Have a lot of milk on hand lol.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll into 2 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Now take a some peanut butter and place it on top of the dough. Make a think patty of dough and place it on top of the peanuts butter and make sure it seals with the dough on the bottom of the peanut butter. Put as much peanut butter on as you wish. The cookie will back around the peanut butter. It’s crazy amazing.
- Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Bake in a preheated 340 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake. Usually you back at 350-375 but because there is so much dough, cook slow.
- I always use a little extra flower so the dough is very thick and the cookies rise instead of spreading out.
- This will make about a dozen cookies because they are so big. Keep that in mind in case you need a bunch of cookies.
Once out of the oven you can begin to hear the angels sing. They are wonderful cookies. Please reply if you make these and let me know what your review is.
Merry Christmas from both Janet and me. Happy baking.