Is if Fall yet? I am so ready to decorate for Fall! I love decorating for Fall almost as much as I do Christmas, not quite but I do love the Fall season! It has been such “warm” Summer I am ready for a few comfortable evenings on the patio! I have some great books I have found lately that I will share later this week but for today here are a few great recipes to try while we all try to be patient as we wait for Autumn to arrive!
- 16 fresh pork sausage links (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 4 to 5 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place sausages on a rack in a baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and no longer pink. Cut into 1-in. pieces; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish. Add the sausages and the next eight ingredients.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
BBQ Chicken Pizza (from Pillsbury)
1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated artisan pizza crust with whole grain
2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken breast
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, if desired
Heat oven to 400°F for dark or nonstick pan (425°F for all other pans). Spray 15×10-inch pan with sides with cooking spray.
Unroll dough in pan; starting at center, press dough into 15×10-inch rectangle. Bake about 8 minutes or until light brown.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, place chicken and barbecue sauce. Using 2 forks, toss until chicken is coated with sauce.
Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over crust. Spoon and spread chicken mixture evenly over cheese. Top with red onion and remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. To serve, cut into 6 rows by 3 rows. Sprinkle with parsley.
Yummy Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Fold in zucchini and carrots.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes
Have a wonderful week!