Bill has been working hard to get my 60 Day Chocolate and God Devotional up so it can be downloaded on Kindle. It is available free now on iTunes for your iPad. I am trying to get acclimated now that I am back at the house. Our hardwood floors had to be redone this week due to a leak so the girls and I have been at a hotel and they aren’t quite finished putting things back in order so I feel a bit lost so I thought it would be a good time to sit down and share some recipes!
Smoky Chicken Spread
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped smoked almonds
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Creamed New Potatoes and Peas
I used to love it when my Mom or Gramma used to make this!
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place peas and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in potatoes and peas; heat through. Yield: 12 servings.
Chocolate Carmel Layer Bars from Pillsbury