Right now Bill and I are both eliminating carbs from our diets so today’s recipes may kill me! I didn’t realize we were going to be doing this carb-less diet until yesterday! Once I am done with this craziness and we know the parasite from Africa is gone my chocolate will be back!! Yay! Anyhow, I am just going to dig in and and start giving you some chocolate ideas:
Let’s begin with my favorite Chocolate Cake that my grandmother used to make for me every year on my birthday! It is called a Wacky Cake, you will see why but it is so moist and delicious you will love it I am sure!
Sift Together the following Ingredients:
3 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
6 Tblsp. Cocoa
2 Tsp. Soda
1 Tsp. Salt
3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Tblsp. Vinegar
2 Tsp. Vanilla
2 Cups Cold Water (not milk)
Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl on medium speed until smooth. Pour into ungreased 13×9 Pan. Bake at 350* for approximately 40 Min. or until top of cake springs back when touched.
Personally I prefer a nice rich milk chocolate frosting on top! mmmmmmm
Now, here’s another of my favorites that I used to love to make when I was younger but the challenge is for you to be able to master my Mom’s Peanut Butter Frosting that goes on top! I still cannot make it like she does!!! Forgive me, I don’t have a picture for this one, how is that possible?! I love chocolate and peanut butter together!
Salad Dressing Cake
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa
3/4 Cup Miracle Whip
Pinch of salt
1 1/4 Cup of Hot Water
1 Tsp. Disolved in above hot water
2 Cups Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
2 Tsp. Vanilla
Combine all of the above ingredients in large mixing bowl, beat until smooth. Pour into 13×9 pan and bake at 350* for approx. 30-35 min
Peanut Butter Frosting to go on top of the Salad Dressing Cake!
Combine 2 Cups of Sugar and 1 Cup of Water in a Medium Saucepan, stir well. Bring mixture to a boil and continue to boil, stirring constantly for about 4-5 Minutes. You will know it is ready when you can hold up your spoon and allow it to run off the spoon and a string forms about 3 inches long. Remove from stove and add:
1 Cup Peanut Butter
2 Tblsp. Butter
pinch of salt
1/4 Tsp Vanilla
Blend ingredients well and pour over cake! If for some reason the mixture starts to get too hard add a little milk. If it is too soft and doesn’t seem to be hardening then add more peanut butter.
Have you seen the Movie “The Help”? This would be the original pie minus Minnie’s extras! :O
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix sugar and cocoa together. Beat the eggs then add to the cocoa mixture. Beat in the milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into 9 inch unbaked pie shell and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until set. Let cool before slicing.
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat egg and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add chocolate mixture. Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.