Welcome to my first weekly blog. We’ll have a wonderful time sharing together. You can post your comments on this weekly blog or you can email email@example.com. Share with me your favorite recipes, home making tips, shopping and more.
Girl News and Tips
• There’s an increase in eyebrow shaving and bleaching. Some fashion shows are going brow-less as well. Fashion statement or fashion mistake?
•The government and vaccine makers are seeking thousands of volunteers to test a new vaccine for swine flu.
• Gene Partner is a Swiss company that uses genetics to see if two people will have an attraction to each other. Partnerships are forming now.
How Awake Are You?
You can test to see how awake you are at by CLICKING HERE.
Here are the Top-10 Most Unusual State Fair Foods from Delish:
- Chicken-Fried Bacon
- Fried Avocado: avocado spears covered in a corn dog batter and deep fried
- Spaghetti and Meatball on a Stick: mixture of meat and noodles formed into a ball, dipped in garlic batter, deep fried and served with sauce
- Fried Frog’s Leg
- Hot Beef Sundae: mashed potatoes topped with roast beef and gravy with a cherry tomato on top
- Pizza Cones: cone-shaped pizza crust filled with pizza fixings, baked, and served like an ice cream cone
- Krispy Kreme, Chicken Sandwich: a fried chicken patty, with melted Swiss cheese, placed between a Krispy Kreme glazed donut, and served with honey
- Deep Fried Twinkies
- Fried Coca-Cola: Coke-flavored batter deep fried and served with Coke syrup, whipped cream, and cinnamon sugar
- Key Lime Pie On-a-Stick
Shopping For A Child?
CLICK HERE: Then enter child’s age and gender to find a list of options.
Be Smart With Your Money
Here’s the breakdown on 13 secrets your hairstylist won’t tell you, according to the website Total Beauty:
- Find your stylist through a referral and be sure to refer your stylist to others.
- Saturday mornings are the worst time for appointments; this is their busiest day.
- Best appointment times are earlier in the week; try to get their second or third appointment of the day as they are settled in but not very tired yet.
- Schedule a consultation if you’re seeing a stylist for the first time.
- A good stylist will realistically tell you what can happen with your hair; they probably can’t make you look like Jennifer Aniston.
- Pre-book your appointment, stylists appreciate loyalty.
- Do not be late; it challenges the rest of his or her schedule.
- Tip well; at least 20 percent and tip with cash.
- Remember to tip assistants too.
- Listen to their product recommendations; it’s not about the commission (small) but actually something they think your hair needs.
- Show how much you want cut off; don’t just say “about three inches.”
- If you seek a last-minute appointment, ask to be on a wait list or speak with the stylist directly.
- All hair textures cut differently; book extra time if it’s needed.
Every Monday I’ll have a new blog featuring a TON of different things us girls will love to share and know about. Today’s blog is just a sample of what is to come. Please share your tips and stories with me by commenting on the blog or email http://firstname.lastname@example.org.