Wow! The storms have devastated too many areas, how terrible! Here are a couple ways to bless people whether here or in other countries! Bill and I are big on doing our part to help others, here are just a couple of opportunities;
God’s Pit Crew is an organization that helps those in need when tragedy strikes; just like the tornadoes across lower and middle U.S. You can learn more about them at http://www.godspitcrew.org/ you can help by donating time, money or services. Check it out!
I just received this from Christianity.com:
When a Muslim comes to faith in Jesus Christ, the one thing they plead for is a Bible.
And now we have been offered a $10,000 Challenge Grant to provide these desperately needed Bibles! But we need your help to meet this challenge!
Sadly, Bibles are scarce in most Islamic countries where it’s illegal to be a Christian. Which is why we have set a goal to deliver at least 4,000 Bibles to our suffering brothers and sisters in these countries over the next four months. To read more….
Now, for a few RECIPES:
Mexican Appetizer Cups
Prep Time: 40 Min Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Min. Makes: 60 Appetizers
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 30 mini muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. In large bowl, mix spinach, tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning mix; set aside.
- 2Place about 20 of the tortilla chips in gallon-size resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Using rolling pin, finely crush to measure 1/2 cup. Stir crushed chips into spinach mixture.
- 3Separate 1 can of dough into 10 biscuits; separate each biscuit into 3 layers. Place 1 layer in each of 30 muffin cups; using floured fingers, press dough on bottom and up side of each cup.
- 4Fill each cup with about 1 tablespoon spinach mixture. Refrigerate remaining spinach mixture. Sprinkle filling in each cup with about 1 teaspoon cheese. Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until edges of biscuits are golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool 5 minutes longer. Repeat with remaining biscuits, filling and cheese, cooling pans between batches.
- 5To serve, break each of the remaining 20 to 25 tortilla chips into 3 triangular pieces. Insert 1 triangle into each cup. Serve warm.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 eggs
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- Line the bottom and sides of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and flour until blended. In a large bowl, beat eggs; add cream cheese mixture and mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the pepper, mushrooms and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Keep warm.
- Turn omelet onto a work surface; peel off parchment paper. Sprinkle with vegetable mixture, mozzarella cheese, tomato and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Place on a serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Yield: 8 servings.
Hazelnut Mocha Smoothie
Servings: 3 Prep/Total Time: 10 Min
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 6 ice cubes
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a blender, combine the milk, hazelnut spread and espresso powder; cover and process until blended. Add ice cubes; cover and process until smooth. Add ice cream; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
I hope you have a blessed night!~ Please pray for those who have lost loved ones due to the tornadoes over the last 48 hours.