It is “warm” down here! 🙂 Kids we are not in Northern Michigan anymore – wow! It is looking like a beautiful day today though. It’s funny here though because as hot as it may be some days when you go into the store or a restaurant it is freezing so I still usually wear some sort of sweater. It seemed like a good time for some simple Summer recipes.
Green Bean Salad
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over beans. Add the onion; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in tomatoes and cheese. Yield: 16 servings.
Sausage, Corn and Broccoli Bake
- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packages Dove dark chocolate candies (9-1/2 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine the cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar; press onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Top with chocolate candies; bake for 2-3 minutes longer or until chocolate is softened.
- Spread chocolate over crust; sprinkle with nuts. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set. Yield: 16 slices.