It is good to be back and able to connect with the internet once again! Yay! I have found some amazing and wonderfully cool recipes for summer to share with you! I hope you have an incredible day and find a way to stay cool!
Prep/Total Time: 10 Min
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Place the strawberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Pour into a large pitcher; stir in the soda and lemonade concentrate. Serve immediately. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Triple Berry Crumb Pie
Prep Time: 30 Min Bake 55 Min + Cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups ground hazelnuts
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, hazelnuts and 1/2 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- Place the berries in a large bowl; sprinkle with cornstarch and remaining sugar. Stir until well blended. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 55-60 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Frozen Ice Cream Delight
Prep Time: 30 Min. + Cooling
- 2-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 gallon chocolate, coffee or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine 2 cups cookie crumbs with butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crumbs; freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the confectioners’ sugar, chocolate chips, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- Spoon sauce over ice cream layer; sprinkle with peanuts. Freeze until firm. Spread whipped topping over the top; sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Freeze for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
I will be back with more fun stuff tomorrow!