Wow! Where has June gone?! It is hard to believe the Fourth of July is coming up already! Before we know it, it will be back to school for everyone again! But for now, Summer is so packed full of things to do here are some tips and suggestions I have found:
Safety and Swimming:
* Never, not even for a moment, leave a child unattended in bathtubs, pools, spas or any type of water including buckets and toilets.
* Make sure your kids learn how to swim. Lessons are important and are a worthwhile investment.
* Know CPR. Parents, caregivers and pool owners should learn CPR.
* Air-filled devices should not be used in place of a life jacket
* Parents should know the depth of the water and any underwater hazards, before allowing children to jump in. The first time you enter the water,jump feet first, don’t dive.
* When choosing an open body of water for children to swim in try to select a site with lifeguards. Swimmers should know what to do in case of rip currents (swim parallel to the shore until out of the current, then swim back to the shore.)
* Counsel teenagers about the increased risk of drowning when alcohol is involved.
Click here to schedule a free call to your child from Mickey, Minnie, Donald or Goofy. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 years of age or older to order a call.
Tiny Shortbread Tarts
18 Servings Prep time 20 min. Bake time 20 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) raspberry, cherry or strawberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Bake at 300° for 17-22 minutes or until set. Cool for 15 minutes before carefully removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Spoon 1 teaspoon of pie filling into each tart. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 190 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Have a great weekend! Stay safe!