I am looking forward to a great Memorial Day Weekend! I have always been extremely patriotic and I love any holiday that celebrates our country and our our military men and women! My dad was in the Army in WWII and my brother was in Desert Storm. I am proud to be an American and I love my country! So with that said, here are some great holiday recipes I hope you enjoy!
Please forgive my lack of updates lately, I have been fighting a few illnesses that have really taken their toll on my energy levels. I am back on the road to health though, so here we go!
Bleu Cheese Burgers
- 1In 8-inch skillet, cook garlic in butter over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until garlic is tender. Stir in Worcestershire sauce. Remove from heat.
- 2Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large bowl, mix beef and grill seasoning. Shape mixture into 8 oval patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- 3Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F. Remove from grill to platter; top with cheese. Place bread on grill. Cover; cook 2 to 4 minutes, turning once, until lightly toasted.
- 4Spread one side of each toasted bread slice with butter mixture. Top bread slices with salad greens and burgers.
Flag Cake Recipe
Prep Time: 1 and 1/2 hours plus Chilling Bake: 35 Min + Cooling
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) French vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- Ice cubes
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Transfer cake to a covered cake board. Cut a 5-in. x 4-in. rectangle (1/2 in. deep) in the top left corner of cake, leaving a 1/2-in. border at outside edges of cake. For red stripes, cut seven 1/2-in. wide rows across cake, about 1/2 in. deep, leaving a 1/2-in. border at outside edges of cake.
- In a small bowl, dissolve berry blue gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Pour 1/2 cup cold water into a 2-cup measuring cup; add enough ice cubes to measure 1-1/4 cups. Stir into gelatin until slightly thickened. Scoop out and discard any remaining ice cubes. Repeat, making strawberry gelatin.
I pray you all have a wonderfully blessed weekend!!!!