Even the most meticulously rinsed-out sponges can harbor bacteria and should be replaced every three months. This will help stop contamination of surfaces you clean and will keep unpleasant odors at bay. At their best, all sponges and cleaning rags have a three-month shelf life.If you have a bunch of old cleaning sponges or rags lying around, get rid of them. And to keep rags in their best working condition between uses, hang them to dry on a hook or rack rather than stuffing them into a container or in a corner. This way they get a chance to properly air out and will be much easier to find!
Mexican Chicken Chili
Servings: 6 Prep Time: 30 Cook: 5 hours
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
My children love this recipe and it is so easy and a very light refreshing dessert!
* 1 Lg. Pkg Lemon Jello
* 2. Cups Hot Water
* 2 Cups 7-UP
* 3 Bananas sliced
* 1 Can of Crushed Pineapple – drained
* Miniature Marshmallows
Mix Jello with the 2 C. Hot water until dissolved add the 7-Up. Pour Jello into 9X13 Pan, slice bananas and evenly distribute in jello. Cover Jello and bananas with miniature marshallows. Chill in refrigerator until set.
1/2 C. Sugar
2 Tblsp. Flour
1/2 C. Pineapple Juice
2 Tblsps. Butter
1 & 1/2 Cups Cool Whip
Directions: Melt butter in saucepan stir in flour and sugar and stir until smooth. Beat egg in small bowl and add pineapple juice and egg to the mixture stirring constantly until smooth and thick. Cool and fold into Cool whip and spread on the top of the Jello and Marshmallows after the Jello is firmly set.