It is hard to believe kids are starting back to school already here! Summer seems to be flying by and I am already seeing ads for Fall Decor and it’s hard to resist because Fall is my favorite time to decorate for other than Christmas of course. I am trying to hang on to Summer for a bit yet though so I am still pulling Summer Recipes to share!
Salami Pasta Salad
- 2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup cubed hard salami
- 1/2 cup whole ripe olives, quartered
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the green pepper, tomatoes, pepperoni, salami, olives, cheese and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Bruschetta with Pesto
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into slices
- 1 jar (7 ounces) prepared pesto
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Arrange bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with pesto; top with tomatoes and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) Hershey’s® milk chocolate baking chips (2 cups)
- 1 container (18 oz) caramel apple dip (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1/4 cups Fisher® Cashew Halves and Pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. In ungreased 13×9-inch pan, break up cookie dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 3- to 4-quart saucepan, cook 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the dip over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and cashews.
- Spread cereal mixture over crust. In 1-quart saucepan, heat remaining chocolate chips and dip over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate until chocolate mixture is set, about 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 by 6 rows.
- Have a blessed day!
- God Bless,
- Janet Scott