I love almost anything pumpkin including Olive Garden’s Pumpkin Cheesecake! I love pumpkin candles, and pumpkin desserts! YUM! Here are a few of my favorites:
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup hot brewed Easy Espresso
- Whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice and ground nutmeg, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, pumpkin and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until steaming. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and pie spice. Transfer to a blender; cover and process for 15 seconds or until foamy.
- Pour into two mugs; add espresso. Garnish with whipped cream and spices if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground nutmeg, allspice and cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, buttermilk, oil, water, eggs, egg whites and vanilla until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, baking power, salt, nutmeg, allspice and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 16 servings.