I don’t know about you but it seems with every change of season there is a whole new stage of “things to do” until we relax into that seasons mode of life. We sometimes need something in our day to be “simple” so this is my attempt at a few simple things to make from meals to treats! I am gearing up looking for some more ideas for FAll Decorating so if you have any you would like to share please send them to me at email@example.com please feel free to add pictures so we have an idea of what it will look like when we are done!
Ok, let’s start with treats:
Prep/Total Time: 15 Min
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (13 ounces) frozen baked soft pretzels
- 1/2 cup red raspberry preserves, warmed
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the cinnamon-sugar, butter and nutmeg. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted; brush over pretzels. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with preserves. Yield: 6 servings.
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1-3/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and peppers in butter and oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken and barley are tender. Yield: 7 servings (2-3/4 quarts).