I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing Memorial Day! If you tried any of those recipes let me know what you thought!! I am trying to get geared up for a busy Summer and I am sure most of you are too! Here are a few tips that caught my eye!
I am always looking for healthful ways to get more energy and who would think it would come from Sunflower Seeds? You can enjoy an instant energy surge with Sunflower Seeds! They are tasty all by themselves but you can also add them to salads, cereal, chicken dishes or even yogurt! Fact: A single handful (2 oz.) provides a full day’s dose of vitamin E and the researchers at Yale discovered that if you get your daily RDA of Vitamin E from food and not supplements you will have more energy and endurance!
Walk to beat Perimenopause:
If you don’t need this yet, you will some day! LOL Women ages 38-50 who exercise for just three hours a week experience fewer hot flashes and night sweats and are happier, research shows. Exercise raises levels of endorphins, natural “feeling-good” hormones that boost well-being and help regulate body termperature.
Looking for ways to cut $ on Entertainment
Bill and I have decided to try Netflix by streaming the movies through our Wii or Xbox. Right now they are offering a month free trial, but the offer is only good until June 15, 2010 We love going to the movies but you can almost buy a small house for a night at the movies for the family! If interested you can look them up at www.netflix.com
I LOVE TO READ!
Check out my favorite female author and friend, Lynette Eason! I have to admit I am always skeptical when I first try a new author! I was immediately captivated in the first few pages of the first book of hers I read!
To find out more check out her website at http://www.lynetteeason.com/
Great Suspense with a Twist…..
BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE:
Are you facing a challenge that has you a little worried or nervous? Before the event, job interview, speech etc., picture every detail of the event and give it the ending you want and deserve. Go through it step by step and imagine everything going perfectly! Top Athletes have been routinely taught by Psychologists this technique to improve performance and ease their nerves. It is always better to go into any new situation if it is important to you especially, prepared and positive!
Grilled Potato Skins
4 Servings Prep Time: 30 Min.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 in. on the potato skins. Place skins on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Brush butter over shells; top with picante sauce, cheese and bacon bits.
- Grill potatoes, skin side down, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato and onion. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Serve with potato skins. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 246 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
I am hoping to start updating everyday soon! So keep checking in for new changes! I hope you have a blessed day!