It is almost too hot to grill here today so that would be my reasoning for the recipe for baked chicken instead of Chicken on the grill. It is a beautiful day here today but the air is a bit thick from the humidity.
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried marjoram, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 12 bone-in chicken thighs
- CREAMY LEEK DIP:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 envelope leek soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and water. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Divide butter between two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in prepared pans. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, turning once. Cool for 30 minutes; refrigerate until chilled.
- For dip, in a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, soup mix and cheese; fold in whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with cold chicken. Yield: 24 servings (4 cups dip).
Grilled Dilly Vegetables
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced fresh zucchini
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18-in. square). Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with dill, garlic salt and pepper. Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Rocky Road Cookie Pizza