Summer is hitting us with all the gusto it can muster I believe! Between tornado season hitting the south hard and the temps now spiking to mid summer temps it has been a bit brutal to say the least! It is beautiful out today though we have a nice breeze and the sky is blue so far even though I believe we are suppose to get some rain sometime today!
I found some fun recipes to try this week and I also found a FREE E-Book by James Dobson on Parenting so here you go:
Parenting With Confidence by Dr. James Dobson Phd
Now for some great Summer Recipes:
Prep Time/Total Time: 30 Min Servings: 10
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 10 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Place 2 rolls in a food processor; process until crumbly. Transfer to a large bowl; add the salt, pepper and 6 teaspoons chipotle peppers. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 10 patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- Split remaining rolls and grill, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Combine mayonnaise and remaining chipotle peppers; spread over roll bottoms. Top each with a burger. Replace roll tops. Yield: 10 sliders.
Grilled Pork Chops
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 10 Min + Marinating Grill: 10 Min
1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 bone-in Pork loin chops (1 Inch thick and 8 ozs. each)
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. Pour marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160*
- Yeild: 4 Servings
I hope you have an incredible day and if you try either or both of these I would love your feed back. Thanks!