Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.
Okay, so today I am going to ask any of you who are looking for some change in your life to join me in an activity that was suggested by a dear, godly, lady friend.
We have all heard and read that death and life are in the power of the tongue and yet we often continue to spew out negative comments off the cuff about our lives, situations and the lives of others. Now, let’s begin at the root of the problem: Matthew 15:19 tells us, “For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander.” Negative words come from negative thoughts and our thoughts are conceived in our hearts. It’s a heart issue! Okay, so we know that, right? Nothing new, so this is what we are going to do:
- Take a piece of paper and draw a line down the middle, top to bottom. At the top of column 1 write the words, Life and Blessing and at the top of column 2 write the words, Death and Curse.
- All day today, write down every fleeting thought you may have in one of those 2 columns that has to do with that thing that is just consuming your thoughts 24/7. If you have the same thought over and over, make a check mark next to that comment/thought every time it crosses your mind.
- At the end of the day, check to see which column is longer.
- Then take all of those negative thoughts and find scripture that will replace that lie. For example: Negative: “I cannot have victory over this addiction!” or “I will never get a grip on my finances and be blessed and financially free!” Positive truth; “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!” Philippians 4:13 and start praying for God to implant that truth in your life! “God, please help me to know and believe that I can do this with your strength!”
- Once you have finished step 4 and you have written down all of the scriptures on another piece of paper, rip that negative side of your paper off and hold it over your kitchen sink and burn it!
- When you are done if you would like prayer please share it with us or even if you need prayer for the strength to complete this: CLICK HERE
We must replace all of those negative thoughts and lies with the truth of God’s word to have victory! If you want lasting change in your life, you must begin in your heart by allowing God to fill every bit of it and you must fill it with His truths! Know that Satan is going to fight you on every level about doing this because He wants to keep you right where you are so you will have to determine in your mind that you are not going to give him that opportunity or victory in you life today! God can and will help you get to the other side of this! The best is yet to come! I’ve got my paper, will you get yours and join me in this today?
“It’s not where you start ~ it’s where you finish that counts!’ Zig Ziglar